Site Overview Our Elkhart, Indiana plants collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. KIK Elkhart procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods.
As a Line Technician, you are a member of a high performance team manning one of the most advanced work centers KIK has to offer!
The team is largely self-directed and performs almost every task associated with the operation, including (but not limited to):
o Operation of all equipment/systems on the line
o Identify and resolve safety issues
o Ensure that all quality control devices and processes are in place and executed
o Perform equipment cleaning, lubrication, and inspections (CLI)
o Ensure all machine adjustments are within prescribed centerlines
o Perform line troubleshooting and most repairs
o Perform preventive maintenance tasks
• Beyond operations, line techs track line performance and submit reports, participate in problem solving, root cause analysis and training
• Teams “own” their operations!
• Perform all Team duties
• Technical Expert for the line including trouble shooting of equipment
• Preventative Maintenance technical leader
• Predictive Maintenance technical leader
• Change over technical leader
• Equipment maintenance log owner
• Equipment uptime improvement leader
• Equipment uptime modification/ improvement leader
• Lock out/ Tag out leader
• Follow Safety/GMP guidelines
• Perform lower labor grade duties as required
• Other duties as assigned
• May also be eligible for Line Leader position
• Votech diploma a plus
• Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Customer focused; Must be flexible in dealing with others in the organization, and with work assignments/projects
• Ability to stand and move as needed to perform job duties for length of shift.
• Mechanical aptitude including demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, motor controls, etc. aspects of the line
• Knowledge of applicable computer systems (AS 400/ excel)
• Knowledge of applicable tools and instruments
• Knowledge of applicable reports, SOP’s, cGMP’s, etc.
A Career With KIK offers:
Thank you for your consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer