Our Elkhart, Indiana plants collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. KIK Elkhart procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods.
Our Compounders are responsible for blending, mixing, and preparing batches in accordance to written specifications/procedures. This position reports to the Compounding Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Assisting in operations within the compounding department
- Clean tanks according to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Clean transfer lines and hoses according to SOP
- General housekeeping of compounding rooms and chemical staging areas, includes keeping all pipes, hoses, clamps, gaskets, and other processing equipment off the floor and in proper storage area.
- Change filters and clean strainers
- Collect representative samples of product batches and flushes and submit to QC Lab for analysis
- Ability to identify various transfer lines
- Ability to operate various production equipment, including pumps, agitators, hoists, scales.
- Ability to operate various safety equipment, including gas detector, eye glasses, face shields, guards and gates.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Previous experience in packaging related industries, compounding and/or chemical knowledge a plus
- Mechanical ability, understands basics in equipment operation
- Good reading comprehension and math skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Forklift certified, or ability to become certified
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to lift 100 pounds with minimal assistance; 50 pounds routinely
- Good work attendance record
- Successful completion of Skills Assessment administered on site
- Attendance is essential to job qualification.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and push/pull 400lbs.
- Using hands and arms together to move various items
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in an Industrial Environment
KIK offers you and your family comprehensive benefits that protect you financially and also encourage and reward you for healthy behaviors and smart health-care decisions. You'll choose the benefits that best meet your needs from options such as health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.