Our Elkhart, Indiana plants collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. KIK Elkhart procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods.
We are searching for a Line Mechanic to independently operate, changeover, and maintain production lines. The Line Mechanic Reports to Maintenance Supervisor, and must be collaborative. Must be observed by Production and Maintenance Management effectively accomplishing the following task requirements for at least two (2) production lines with minimal supervision and without assistance from a more experienced Mechanic: This is an ideal position for a sharp beginner willing to grow!
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Performs changeover and set-up of Packaging Machinery
- Test Packaging Machine changeover
- Perform all preventative maintenance of Packaging Machinery
- Uses and follows the set-up and Blue Book specifications
- Complete code sheet and log books
- Performs and completes daily operations safety checklist
- Operate drill press, band saw, hydraulic and arbor press and air tools.
- Performs periodic equipment rebuilds
- Remove Scrap Drum & Scrap Barrels from Production Line
- Assist Teamleader with lunch and break schedule for line employees
- Clean and maintain area after change-overs and repairs
- Follow Safety/GMP guidelines
- Follow Enzyme Policies and Procedures when applicable
- Maintain an Annual Performance Evaluation Rating of Meets Plan or better
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Successful completion of Skills assessment and Panel Interview
- Must provide resume for consideration
- At least 1 year industrial mechanic experience or equivalent
- Team player; Participation on Plant Continuous Improvement (CI) Process
- Attendance is essential to job qualification.
- No unexcused absence is acceptable.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and push/pull 400lbs.Using hands and arms together to move various items
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in an Industrial Environment.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must pass written and mechanical test administered by the Maintenance Department
- Must be able to physically endure work schedule
- Ability to adjust and move equipment to complete projects
A Career With KIK offers:
- Very competitive wages & comprehensive benefits package including 401K program, health – dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and much more within 3 months of successful employment in this position
- Professional atmosphere, great working conditions, dynamic leadership
- Autonomy, training, personal and professional development opportunities
Thank you for your consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.