As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion household and personal care, over-the-counter, and pool additives categories, we maintain close relationships with over 70 global CPG customers and virtually every relevant major North American retailer. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise. KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales.
KIK's Cortland location is a large campus and houses 2 manufacturing facilities. KIK’s two manufacturing facilities in Cortland, New York are FDA registered and specialize in producing personal care liquids for the consumer products industry. Cortland is located approximately 45 minutes outside of Syracuse, NY. This location manufactures shampoos, conditioners and lotions, and personal care cleaning products and fills into bottle sizes from 3/4 oz to 40 oz.
Coordinates the flow of work within the Compounding Department to execute the Compounding schedule and leads a team of operators in the efficient and timely execution of the bulk manufacturing process.
Essential Job Functions
- Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission of the plant.
- Supports the Quality and Environmental missions of the plant
- Proactively leads a team of operators and encourages employee engagement
- Trains operators on procedures, production, equipment use and chemical safety affecting the department and facility
- Supervises bulk compounding, resolves issues in a timely manner, ensures adherence to batching procedures, safety procedures and all GMP standards
- Provides coverage for other shifts during vacations or in the event of unplanned absences
- Holds Operators accountable for performance
- Works with the team to ensure the maintenance of a clean and safe environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in batch manufacturing or liquid blending in a food, personal care or pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience as a Team Lead preferred
- Knowledge of compounding equipment and procedures
- Use arithmetic to measure or compute amount of materials to use and to inspect product to ensure it conforms to requirements
- Ability to lift and move products, and climb and balance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Knowledgeable of MS Office Suite
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.