Maintenance MechanicTechnician - 2nd shift
Custom Division's Georgia contract manufacturing plant is located conveniently in Gainesville, GA and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. The Prestige Beauty Team, based in KIK Gainesville, works both in the manufacturing of the Beauty Brands’ products and in the research and development of new product launches. KIK Gainesville procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety of aerosol and liquid salon haircare, fine fragrances and skincare products.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain carbon steel & stainless steel piping system which operates with a wide range of pressures, products, and chemicals
- Perform or assist in general facilities maintenance tasks. This includes operating and maintaining plant support equipment such as compressors, vacuum pumps, chillers, boilers and water systems.
- Diagnose and repair problems with compounding equipment and tanks
- Perform various duties, related but not stated, to the maintenance operation as deemed necessary by the Director of Engineering
- Perform Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) blending using load cell based weighing system
- Perform LPG changeovers from bulk tanks, manifolds, high pressure pumps & gas houses when required for production line changeovers.
- Repair & maintain LPG, chemical & other miscellaneous types of pumps
Ideal candidate is expected to posses several of the following qualifications. Candidates with less qualification but sound education need to be open to training from higher level techs until they can perform all required tasks without supervision.
- 2 year technical diploma or better in industrial maintenance is preferred.
- Previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment such as a liquid filling & packaging plant or a chemical processing plant
- Understand the basic operation & maintenance of centrifugal, positive displacement, diaphragm, reciprocating high pressure & vacuum pumps
- Understand the basic operation & maintenance of hydraulic systems
- Operate and maintain low pressure natural gas fired steam boilers
- Experience in the operation & troubleshooting of high volume air compressors & compressed air distribution systems
- Basic understanding of industrial electrical systems and controls. Ability to test and diagnose minor electrical problems
- Understanding of the requirements for safe storage and handling of high pressure liquids such as LPG & bulk flammable or reactive chemicals. Previous experience in this area is a huge plus.
- Basic welding skills to complete repairs or small modifications (Stick, TIG, and MIG)
- Pipe fitting. Should be able to use pipe Threader and install threaded pipe. Ability to solder copper fittings.
- Experience in performing preventive maintenance by utilizing electronic work order systems such as MP2.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical prints & manuals.
- Capable of performing job duties with little or no supervision
- Speak, read, and write English
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- This person may spend some part of their workday outside in the Tank farm and some inside the plant depending upon the plant production schedule.
- This position is for non-rotating shift work & the person is expected to be available to work either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift; 5 days a week, 6 days if needed. (Will train on 1st for at least 3 months)
- Person should be able to climb on extension ladders, work from elevated platforms, from top of the above ground tanks and from the articulating boom lifts as needed
- This person should be able to lift 20-50 lb weight as needed
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.