As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion household and personal care, over-the-counter, and pool additives categories, we maintain close relationships with over 70 global CPG customers and virtually every relevant major North American retailer. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, Pool & Spa, Car Care, Sun Care, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
Our plant is located in Salem, VA. Predominantly manufactures Retailer Branded bleach for top retailers including Publix, Kroger, Family Dollar, Safeway, Dollar General, Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc.
• Documenting machine operation and performance
• Assist maintenance with machine troubleshooting
• Ensure Cleaning logs and startup checks are being completed daily
• Conduct quality checks and implement corrective action as necessary
• Ensure automated equipment is cleaned appropriately
• Check that all safety guards are in place, interlocks are operation and lockout bars are being used
• Check and fill colorant (will be trained if not familiar)
• Float floor to ensure other machines or co workers need assistance if assigne machine is runnign well
• Make adjustments to machine as needed to ensure proper production of plastic bottle a bottle (will be trained if not familiar)
• Inform maintenance if the problem’s that require machinery decommissioning
• Check machine filter regularly
• Responsible for conforming to all Plant Health, Environment, Safety, and Security (HESS) policies and procedures
• Must actively participate in the continual improvement of the Plant’s safety culture, including the Near Miss Program
• Ensure compliance to Employee Handbook and GMP rules
• 2+ years previous work experience with automated production equipment or large hydraulic machinery
• Previous experience with Uniloy machines
• Basic mechanical skills - not afraid to get dirty or use basic tools
• Ability to follow detailed instructions
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be willing to learn and improve skills
We offer a motivated team atmosphere where you will be encouraged to grow, learn and develop a very competitive wage and excellent benefits package - offering eligibility for benefits 90-days of successful performance in this position.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.