KIK's Custom Division is the the largest contract manufacturer for some of the world's largest CPG companies. From shampoos, soaps, body lotions, and sunscreens, and fragrance to medical and pharma, we manufacture products found in households across North America.
Our Compounders are responsible for blending, mixing, and preparing batches in accordance to written specifications/procedures. This position reports to the Compounding Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Use pumps, filters and hoses in various batching & bulk product transfer operations.
- Read scales, meters and gauges as may be needed during bulk transfer & batching operations.
- Follow W.O. & batching instructions.
- Perform simple calculations needed during various batching steps.
- Prepare moderately complex bulk product batches of various types.
- Clean and sanitize the tanks and related equipment after making a batch
- Prepare empty hazardous waste drums and transport to waste drum storage area.
- Must complete all necessary paperwork as established for the batch being processed or job being performed.
- Undergo OSHA Haz Com Training in order to be able to read and understand MSDS’s and chemical container labels.
- Undergo GMP training and follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times.
- Know and observe all safety requirements.
- Understand and be able to use safety equipment.
- Operate a forklift truck as a certified driver.
- Respond to and clean up spills and leaks.
- Make sure all chemical containers are returned to inventory properly marked with part numbers, dates and remaining weights.
- Know how to use small hand tools.
- Participate in other duties as may be assigned by the department supervisor or manager.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Previous experience in packaging related industries, compounding and/or chemical knowledge a plus
- Mechanical ability, understands basics in equipment operation
- Good reading comprehension and math skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Forklift certified, or ability to become certified
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to lift 100 pounds with minimal assistance; 50 pounds routinely
- Good work attendance record
- Successful completion of Skills Assessment administered on site
- Attendance is essential to job qualification.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and push/pull 400lbs.
- Using hands and arms together to move various items
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in an Industrial Environment
KIK offers you and your family comprehensive benefits that protect you financially and also encourage and reward you for healthy behaviors and smart health-care decisions. You'll choose the benefits that best meet your needs from options such as health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.