As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer-packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion household and personal care, over-the-counter, and pool additives categories, we maintain close relationships with over 70 global CPG customers and virtually every relevant major North American retailer. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK CONSUMER BRANDS – POOL DIVISION:
KIK’s Pool Additives Division (“Pool”) is a leading player in North America and key international markets with a broad brand and product portfolio spanning both the Mass and Specialty Retailer channels. We are well known for our Clorox® Pool&Spa™ products in the North American Mass channel, our BioGuard® brand in the North American, Australian and South Africa Specialty channel, and our Bayrol brand across Europe. Our multi-functional product formulations and innovative water testing innovations allow pool owners to safely and easily enjoy their backyard retreat.
The Electrician will be responsible for performing preventative and predictive maintenance, repairs and installation of machinery and equipment, advanced diagnostic troubleshooting as well as complete teardown, rebuild and remanufacture of machinery and related systems. In addition, the Electrician will mentor the department technicians in all preventative and proactive maintenance functions of the equipment in production. This position is team oriented driven, with excellent communication within the departments as well as the ability to identify problems with team members before issues arise.
• Troubleshoot and replace faulty machine components such as (but not limited to): motors, drives, PLC controls, programming, commissioning/start-up of control systems, gearboxes, tooling equipment, Blow mold equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, AC and DC drives and control systems
• Executes daily machine checks, lubrication, machine start-up, clean-up, changeovers and adjustments to maintain the greatest operational efficiency.
• General Electrical work including but not limited to layouts; assembling, installing and testing of electrical apparatus, measuring, cutting, threading and bending conduit, and installing, modifying and repairing panel boxes, remote control equipment, motors, power and lighting circuits.
• Maintenance and calibration of micro-processor based control equipment, general instrumentation and electrical control systems to carry out first line diagnostic, troubleshooting and maintenance work.
• Read and understand electrical schematic diagrams as well as industrial three phase 240V and 480V power distribution and VFD wiring practices.
• Troubling shoot, program and/or replace Allen Bradley PLCs equipment
• Performs tests and calibration procedures using test equipment and instrumentation
• Operate various power tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, calipers, and, gauges in a safe and proficient manner
• Responsible for the planning and performing of preventive and predictive maintenance on Machinery
• Ability to complete all work in accordance with EPA,OSHA, NED, NFPA70 standards
• Responsible for maintaining the parts and supply inventory
• Excellent documentation and communication skills both oral and written
• Performs root cause failure analysis to eliminate repeat occurrences on maintenance issues
• Responsible to perform duties and activities as directed by management
• Maintain continuous improvement and comply with all safety requirements
• Perform variety of administrative duties and work of projects as assigned.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
• Associate degree or equivalent in electromechanical technology or similar (industrial maintenance, electronics technology) a minimum of 5 years’ experience in high speed manufacturing environment.
• Technical training in electronics, electricity, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
• PLC Programming
• 5 plus years in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Experienced in new equipment installation, welding and fabrication.
• Experience in areas such as plumbing, pipefitting, metalworking, welding and carpentry
• Understanding of OSHA, EPA and California Labor Laws.
• Computer Skills including working knowledge of MS Office
• Proficiency in reading blueprints, P&ID, PLC code
• Technical drawings experience – ability to interpret said drawings
• 480 Volt 3 Phase and control systems
• Ability to work overtime when necessary, weekends and other shifts including graveyard shift
• Performs repairs and maintenance functions with a sense of urgency.
• Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing or 5S experience
• Must meet deadlines and deliver quality results
• Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, complexity and work within a fast paced, dynamic environment
Working Conditions: The production facility is within an indoor/outdoor, industrial environment and is not climate controlled. Technician will regularly enter areas that require the use of stairs or ladders, respirator protection, and enter closely confined spaces.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, age, color, religion, sex, or national origin.