Custom Division's Georgia based personal care manufacturing plant is located conveniently in Gainesville with 300,000 square feet of production & warehousing space & employs 500 full time & temporary employees. The facility runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. The facility is capable of manufacturing quality aerosol products in the steel or aluminum cans and liquid filling in plastic, glass, or composite containers.
We are immediately searching for an experienced Plant Electrician to ensure availability of critical power & control systems for trouble free operation of plant support & production equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Installation, troubleshooting & repair of low & high voltage (single/three phase) industrial electrical & control systems for packaging lines, facilities & plant support equipment such as air compressors, boilers, pumps, water purification system, production plant & warehouse lighting.
- Performs all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, and federal, state & local laws.
- Responsible for all electrical emergency & scheduled maintenance tasks across the plant.
- Identifies, reviews and plans electrical projects with/without guidance from controls engineer or department manager.
- Sizes circuits & installs conduit according to national and local electrical code & standards.
- Upgrade outdated or unsafe electrical installations across the plant.
- Be a subject matter expert for all electrical needs across the plant.
- Standardize all electrical controls & power components to Allen Bradley parts as much as possible.
- Key member of plant emergency response team
- Be able to interpret & modify electrical prints, schematics & document all changes
- Be able to use diagnostic equipment such as multi meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Understanding of Electrical Hazard Class 1, Div. 1, Group C&D
- Knowledge of industry standard motion sensing & control devices.
- Knowledge of DC and AC motors & drives (AB preferred)
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley Mircologix, Compactlogix & Controllogix processors.
- Well versed in PLC programming & HMI interface configuration.
- Hands on knowledge of converting relay logic based systems to PLC based systems.
- Knowledge of cGMP and other regulatory requirements applicable to electrical installations.
- Knowledge of applicable NEC and OSHA standards
- Functional knowledge of personal computers and common productivity software
- Gas House Safety System Training (conducted by KIK)
- Familiarity with emergency response procedures (conducted by KIK)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is for shift work & the primary shift assignment will be 1st shift. Depending upon any urgent need, the person may be expected to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Person should be able to climb on extension ladders, work from elevated platforms, from top of elevated structures and from the articulating boom lifts as needed.
- Person should be able to reach tight & difficult to access areas
- This position requires up to 8 or more hours of standing on the feet & walking from job site to job site within the manufacturing plant as needed.
- This is not an office position.
- This person should be able to lift 10-40 lb weight as needed.
We offer a motivated team atmosphere where you will be encouraged to grow, learn and develop, a very competitive wage and excellent benefits package - offering eligibility for benefits within 3 months of successful performance in this position! All inquiries are completely confidential.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.