COMPANY:As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
The “Position” is within our Freehold, NJ, automotive division and is responsible for working within a team of manufacturing mechanics.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for electrical and mechanical repair and preventative maintenance of facility and plant equipment
• Installation, troubleshooting & repair of low & high voltage (single/three phase) industrial electrical & control systems for packaging lines, facilities & plant support equipment such as air compressors, boilers, pumps, water purification system, production plant & warehouse lighting
• Responsible for emergency & scheduled maintenance tasks across the plant
• Ensure assigned projects are completed timely, correctly, safely and to the highest quality standard
• Maintain a clean working environment upon completion of assigned projects
• Comply with plant safety, quality, GMPs, current standard practices and all other plant rules, policies/procedures
• May be required to work directly with contractors regarding new or existing electrical issues
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Responsible for change over and set up of production lines
• Responsible for set up and maintenance of bottle and case coding equipment
• Maintain PM and repair of mechanical driver equipment, pneumatic systems, and hydraulic systems. In addition, flow meters, density meters, temperature sensors, gas sensors etc.
• Maintain wiring to NEC standards and ensure any new wiring is within compliance. Upgrade outdated or unsafe electrical installations across the plant
Qualifications (Requirements/ Skills)
• 3-5 years mechanical/maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong PLC and controls desired
• A minimum of a high school education or its equivalent
• Excellent Attendance record
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment- ability to lift 50+ lbs
• Excellent Interpersonal, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Time Management and Organization; Ability to multi-task and react to changing priorities
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.