KIK's Custom Division is the #1 contract manufacturer for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry (CPG) and the largest contract manufacturer for some of the world's largest CPG companies. From shampoos, soaps, body lotions, and sunscreens, and fragrances to medical and pharma, we manufacture products found in households across North America.
Custom Division's Georgia contract manufacturing plant is located conveniently in Gainesville with 300,000 square feet of production space. The facility runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. The facility is capable of manufacturing quality products in the following: steel or aluminum aerosol cans, bag on valve, and liquid filling for plastic, glass, or composite containers packaging services. KIK Gainesville manufactures high end salon, skincare, haircare products and fine fragrances.
KIK CUSTOM PRODUCTS
CAN CRUSHER OPERATOR
Essential Job Functions
- Operate the can crusher on a daily basis & perform all associated task as required for safe operation of can crusher.
- Organize rejected waste cans accumulated in the waste holding area.
- Segregate empty & full gassed cans in different containers as needed.
- Segregate cans with different types of propellants according to air permit requirements.
- Proper housekeeping of hazardous waste drum/tote storage area
- Work with material handlers to ensure accurate record keeping of rejected cans transferred to the can crushing area for disposal (both empty & filled gas cans)
- Keep accurate log of crushed cans & forward this information to facility maintenance support person to enter in the MS Excel based record on shared drive on a periodic basis.
- Perform daily clean up of the can crusher to make sure it is ready for operation for next day without any trouble
- Check the propellant/concentrate recovery tank on daily basis to ensure continued safe operation.
- Transfer contents of the propellant/concentrate recovery tank to appropriate vessels for further processing.
- Check the liquid level on the concentrate collection tank to make sure it is emptied when it reaches 85% liquid level or another safe level programmed in the PLC
- Observe the proper performance of can crusher, hydraulic power unit, hydraulic pump, concentrate transfer pump and propellant compressor & report any problem to facility maintenance in a timely manner. Be available to assist & be involved in troubleshooting operation.
- Assist other can crusher/waste handling operator with daily tasks & record keeping as needed.
- Provide vacation and backup coverage for other can crusher/waste handling operator as needed.
- Ensure all safety devices in the waste storage canopy area are working properly at all times. Report any problems to facility maintenance mechanic, engineering, or HESS manager.
- Ensure that the area stays clutter free & all items to be disposed off are properly marked, stored & handled properly
- Assist maintenance mechanic with any trouble shooting or PM of can crushing system
- Experienced in mechanical equipment operation & minor maintenance tasks
- Able to use hand & power tools as it relates to can crushing operation
- Experience driving forklift truck & scissor lifts.
- Basic understanding of electrical, pneumatic & hydraulic system
- Fully trained on requirements for safe handling of flammable propellants (training will be performed prior to starting the job)
- Prior experience of working in industrial or commercial setting
- Prior experience of handling chemicals will be a plus but not necessary (be willing to learn the plant/company requirements)
- Fully trained/trainable on GMP standards
- Frequent bending & walking, standing on the feet for several hours a day
- Ability to lift weight up to 50 lbs without assistance from another person
- Ability to operate emergency fire suppression devices such as fire extinguishers
- Prepared to work in exterior hot/cold environment under the shade without air conditioning
- No physical restrictions on handling aromatics, flammables & any type of industrial chemicals
Persons Reporting To:
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.