KIK's Custom Division is the #1 contract manufacturer for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry (CPG) and the largest contract manufacturer for some of the world's largest CPG companies. From shampoos, soaps, body lotions, and sunscreens, and fragrances to medical and pharma, we manufacture products found in households across North America.
Custom Division's Georgia contract manufacturing plant is located conveniently in Gainesville with 300,000 square feet of production space. The facility runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. The facility is capable of manufacturing quality products in the following: steel or aluminum aerosol cans, bag on valve, and liquid filling for plastic, glass, or composite containers packaging services. KIK Gainesville manufactures high end salon, skincare, haircare products and fine fragrances.
KIK CUSTOM PRODUCTS
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
General Scope: Perform equipment maintenance, under minimal direction of management, in a team-based filling and packaging production function.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform equipment repairs/replacements activities including accurate, complete, and timely follow-up documentation.
- Utilize TPM methodologies, specifically Effective Maintenance, to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability.
- Effectively communicates with others by presenting information, responding to questions, and seeking feedback/input.
- Actively participates and/or leads project initiatives and selected cross-functional teams as approved.
- Effectively work with managers, operators, contractors, service people, vendors/suppliers to ensure timely and accurate completion of services.
- Train others to develop basic maintenance and advanced operating skills
- Defines, selects, and requisitions parts and materials while following approved procedures.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a fashion that assures personal safety and the safety of others and equipment.
- Maintains and cleans: Work area, crib, job site, tools, and equipment.
- Perform production related tasks including changeovers, batch coding, quality inspections, and equipment calibrations
- Follow all cGMP’s (Current Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Follow all KIK Custom Products policies and procedures
- Follow Company and Plant environmental hazard Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); handle all cleaning and waste materials properly.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to read, write, and speak English
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment- ability to lift 50+ lbs.
Critical Thinking – Problem Solving
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Time Management and Organization
Ability to multi-task and react to changing priorities
Must have electrical and mechanical experience.
Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints
Troubleshoot electrical circuits up to 480v
Experience with Allen Bradley VFD's
Experience with PLC's
Experience with Conveyor systems
Experience with filling and packing equipment is a plus.
High School Diploma or GED
Diploma in Industrial Systems Technology preferred
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.