As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
KIK Consumer Brands – Automotive Division:
Our Automotive business is comprised of the Prestone® and Holts® businesses. We develop, manufacture and market antifreeze/coolant and other automotive functional fluids and car appearance products in North America and key international markets. Prestone® is the number one branded consumer choice for antifreeze/coolant in North America. Other brands in our Automotive Care business include Holts®, Redex® and Simoniz® (outside North America).
Essential Job Functions
• Operate adjustment and maintain machine for consistent bottle production.
• Visually observes product for acceptable quality for such items as bottle weight, bottle profile, case printing, color compared to standards, case dimensions, glue pattern, label placement, code dates and bottle appearance.
• Responsible for organizing the Blow Mold department within shift(s) in order to achieve the completion of orders in a timely manner.
• Responsible for communication to Management on results from shift daily.
• Ensure assigned tasks are completed timely, correctly, safely and to the highest quality standard.
• Comply with plant safety, quality, GMPs, current standard practices and all other plant rules, policies/procedures.
• Load corrogates into bliss hopper.
• Delabel defective bottles and recycle into the grinder
• Monitor equipment and ensure equipment is functioning properly.
• Supervise and direct staff on production requirements.
• Perform changeovers in a timely manner
• Must be able to evaluate machine break downs and communicate/work with mechanic to repair problem in a timely manner.
• Actively participate in area Preventative Maintenance and 5S activities.
• Other functions as assigned based on business needs.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Lead in high speed manufacturing environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience with blow mold manufacturing industry.
• Experience with Uniloy and/or Graham wheel blow molder required.
• Strong communication skills at all levels providing timely and concise information.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Strong knowledge of lean, six sigma tools and problem solving methodology.
• Must be able to make quick decisions as necessary to plant productions standards.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds safely.
• Must be able to (1) operate a forklift as needed, (2) be mechanically inclined, (3) willing to work overtime and weekends when required, and (4) be able to work with others in a team environment..
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.