Job Title: Continuous Improvement Assistant
# Positions: 0
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, the Continuous Improvement Coordinator will provide training, guidance and general direction in order to facilitate the growth of continuous improvement/lean initiatives in manufacturing, non-manufacturing and administrative work areas. This position requires a person that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal, professional and collaborative skills.
Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the site at all levels utilizing a very "hands on" approach to creating value and buy-in as a change facilitator for the operation's Lean improvement efforts. Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, batch cycle time improvement, waste reduction and constraint improvement. This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to project teams on the use and practice of Lean methodologies and tools. This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean projects targeted towards improving the business's performance on safety, quality, productivity and cost.
The above statments describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilites, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Essential Job Functions
- Become proficient in core Lean concepts of Value Stream Mapping, Demand Flow Methodologies, 5S, Standardized Work, Kaizen, Set-up Reduction, Total Productive Maintenance, Pull Systems, Built-in-Quality, etc.
- Train, facilitate and apply lean methodologies and tools in production and support areas.
- Assist in the development of continuous improvement training materials and tool sets.
- Drive the use of continuous improvement tools across the KIK-Gainesville facilities through the facilitation of kaizen events.
- Monitor and track improvements made through Lean initiatives.
- Improve data collection activities throughout the organization, analyze data collected and work with management to address areas of unsatisfactory performance.
- Participate in internal Lean reviews and audits.
- Insure best practice sharing and communication and recognition of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Mentor others in the application of Lean tools and concepts with clear metrics and measures of improvement of the business and promoting the Lean culture throughout the organization.
- Provide active design, leadership and advocacy of continuous improvement culture.
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Technical degree and experience in a technical capacity preferred (Engineering, Manufacturing or Quality)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and technical writing skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, both oral and written, demonstrated by the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Tactful, energetic, and tenacious in leading change
- Ability to communicate effectively to influence and motivate others, maintaining a persuasive and credible style at all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy must be above average, including experience with Microsoft suite of products
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.