Custom Division's Georgia contract manufacturing plant is conveniently located approximately 40 minutes east of N. Atlanta, in Gainesville. KIK Gainesville runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. The facility has both aerosol and liquid filling lines and specializes in manufacturing brand label high-end salon, haircare and fine fragrance products.
Drives lean thinking mentality throughout the site via project achievements, training, communicating success. Challenges status quo and believes that processes can and should be improved. Drives prioritization of lean efforts with plant leadership team to focus on those that delivers most value to the production line. Highly accountable for delivering results. Continuous Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, cycle time improvement, capability studies, throughput optimization, cost reduction, variation reduction, and waste reduction. Highly accountable for delivering productivity results that have a positive impact on the bottom line.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitates and drives change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal, professional, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work within the site at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the operation’s Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Provides leadership / mentoring / training to project teams on the use and practice of Lean methodologies and tools.
- Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, batch cycle time improvement, waste reduction, and constraint improvement.
- Responsible for planning and assisting in the execution of various Continuous Improvement projects targeted towards improving the business’s performance on safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in an Engineering role
- Must be familiar with TPS (Toyota Production Systems) methodologies
- Familiarity with Batching processes and Liquid and Gas Distribution Systems
- Must be very flexible, able to work on multiple projects at one, and switch priorities with little advance notice
- Experiences in AutoCAD, familiar with P&IDs & PFD's
- Formal Certification in Lean - will facilitate Kaizen events, and train future lean SME’s/Facilitators. 6 Sigma is a plus
- Packaging process knowledge preferred
- Experience with Aerosol and/or Liquid filling processes a plus
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.