Perform General Plant, Bulk Chemical Tank Farm, Compounding & Chemical Warehouse Preventive Maintenance & Repair Tasks
Essential Job Functions
- Preventive Maintenance & repair of compounding piping, pumps, tanks & associated equipment such as Air Diaphragm Pumps, Centrifugal Pumps, Positive Displacement Pumps, Colloid Mills, Tri-Blenders, In-Line High Shear Mixers, Homogenizers, etc.
- Provide back up coverage for boiler performance monitoring & minor maintenance of boiler feed water chemical addition system as needed.
- Cooling tower performance monitoring & maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance & repair of city water & sewer plumbing in the plant
- Maintenance & repair of chemical receiving, storage & delivery system in the compounding and in tank farm.
- Troubleshoot & resolve problems associated with various compounding equipment control systems.
- Maintain all systems in COP room such as make up air & exhaust fans, filters, Cemline USP hot water heater, piping & drainage system for COP room
- Maintain sampling & pre-weigh rooms & ensure they are fully functional at all times
- Daily upkeep & periodic maintenance of USP water filtration system.
- Perform any duties as assigned by the Manager and assist in other facility maintenance tasks as needed.
- Five years or more experience of working in chemical compounding and tank farm maintenance
- Experience & understanding of the requirements for safe handling of bulk flammable liquids
- Working knowledge of various types of welding such as TIG, MIG and various power tools
- Experience in basic operation & maintenance of centrifugal, positive displacement & diaphragm pumps, high shear mixers, homogenizers, tank agitators and other compounding support equipment
- Basic understanding of electric power & PLC based control systems used in compounding operations
- Familiarity with emergency response procedures
- Fork Lift driver’s training
- Familiarity with GMP standards
- Haz-Mat Training
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- This person will spend most of their time in compounding area
- This position is for shift work & the person is expected to be available to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift or for a 10 hour/day x 4 day work week.
- Person should be able to climb on extension ladders, work from elevated platforms, from top of the above ground tanks and from the articulating boom lifts as needed
- Person should be able to reach tight & difficult to access areas
- This position requires up to 8 or more hours of standing on the feet & walking from job site to job site within the plant and outside in the tank farm.
- This person should be able to lift 20-50 lb weight as needed.
- Exposure to flammable & combustible liquids such as alcohol is expected as part of the operation.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration in your area of interest.