We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (“private label”) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of “One KIK” values – a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
We are looking for Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Ontario, California.
• Responsible for mechanical repair and preventative maintenance of facility and plant equipment.
• Responsible for all aspects of Filling such as set-up, changeovers, installations and running adjustment on production lines, troubleshooting, repair and fabricating equipment and working closely with production personnel.
• Installation, troubleshooting & repair of low & high voltage (single/three phase) industrial electrical & control systems for packaging lines, facilities & plant support equipment such as air compressors, sealer, boilers, pumps, water purification system, production plant & warehouse lighting.
• Maintain wiring to NEC standards and ensure any new wiring is within compliance. Upgrade outdated or unsafe electrical installations across the plant.
• Responsible for electrical emergency & scheduled maintenance tasks across the plant.
• Ensure assigned projects are completed timely, correctly, safely and to the highest quality standard.
• Maintain a clean working environment upon completion of assigned projects.
• Comply with plant safety, quality, GMPs, current standard practices and all other plant rules, policies/procedures.
• May be required to work directly with contractors regarding new or existing electrical issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for set up and maintenance of bottle and case coding equipment
• Maintain PM and repair of mechanical driven equipment, pneumatic systems, and hydraulic systems
• Maintain PM and repair of processing equipment; i.e. flow meters, density meters, temperature sensors, gas sensors, etc.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
• At least 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related field
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Advanced skills or trades training preferred
• Liquid fill experience preferred (filler, capper, drop packer, palletizer)
• Must have experience with Uniloy machinery
• Strong mechanical background and general building maintenance experience
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Must be able to read, interpret, electrical prints, schematics & document
• Must be able to use electrical diagnostic equipment such as multi meters, etc.
• Must have an understanding of electrical requirements for intrinsically safe environment
• Must have knowledge of Industry standard motion sensing & control devices
• Must be able to work overtime, various shifts and holidays when needed
• Expert knowledge of DC & AC motors & drives (AB preferred)
• Read and understand the ladder logic schematics
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
KIK is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the job, please contact Human Resources immediately.