We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (“private label”) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of “One KIK” values – a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
Quality Technician is responsible for attaining and maintaining standards of quality for any product manufactured as defined by specifications and procedures. Responsible for monitoring the quality of finished product as well as incoming commodities prior to use. This position will also work in promoting a good quality culture.
• Maintenance, monitoring, modifying and reporting quality data from Statistical Process Control software to ensure quality checks are performed correctly and as scheduled for all lines and shifts
• Update and control changeover information (product specifications) for production runs
• Provide production support on all quality related issues - identifying and isolating any non-conforming product
• Conduct internal audits for Quality Inspection Training – provide training as needed
• Conducts incoming commodity inspections (labels, caps, cartons, bottles, etc.)
• Perform internal calibration on quality test equipment
• Use measuring tools such as Calipers, Micrometers, Magna Mike and Digital Scales
• Assist Quality Manager in all materials/process trials
• Writing and controlling Quality documents
• Create and Maintain QC documentations (inspections, COAs, Process Control Sheets, etc)
• Responsible for coordinating internal and external Corrective Action Reports
• Assist in process improvements to progress Quality initiatives
• All other tasks assigned by the Quality Manager
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
• Associates Degree with 3-5 years of experience in a Quality Role
• Able to work scheduled overtime or shift changes as required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point
• Knowledge of SPC Software preferred
• Excellent communication skill set (verbal, written, etc.)
• Team building skill set and positive interaction with all levels within the organization and outside vendors/customers
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds periodically throughout the manufacturing shift and meet physical requirements of position including lifting, bending, standing for extended periods, reaching with both hands/arms, ability to visually inspect product or sitting at a computer
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Mechanically inclined to perform or suggest minor machine corrections within job responsibilities
• Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
KIK is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the job, please contact Human Resources immediately.